July 29, 2008

The Town Crier apologizes publicly

Without divulging too much in order to avoid future therapeutic intervention for Crumb Snatcher #1 all I can say is..."Big Shooter, I am so sorry for always pokin' fun when it comes to you and Girl Child growing up." Truly, I am.
I had a moment with our son this morning. One I'd rather forget. Ignore. Deny. Am. not. ready. for...
His words did two things to me.
Cracked me up. I mean, cracked me up y'all.
And...made me want to throw up.
The first because they were so innocently and seriously asked. (No, even I the repeat winner of the Non-Mother of the Year award will not share. They had to do with puberty and growing up to be just like Daddy.)
My second reaction was caused by the hard, swift blow I felt in my Momma Gut when I had the instant realization he wants these things to happen. He wants to grow up and be a Man-Child.
I am not ready for him to grow-up. I don't think I can handle it. I don't want to handle it yet.
I think that is why God gives us so much time to raise them. If it went any faster, all the looney-bins would be filled to capacity with all us Mommas-in-Denial.
I find comfort in this fact though, today I don't want him to age another nano-second.
Tomorrow, well tomorrow I'll probably be calling Social Services to come give me a break already.


Meet Our Olympians
Meet the "Perfect Mismatch" who will be some serious competion for the gold in a few short weeks.

Jake Gibbs (the one digging the ball) was raised as the youngest of 11 by a very family oriented, faithful, encouraging set of parents in Utah. He served on a mission after high school, graduated from college, and married the love of his life. Then he found beach volleyball and took the sport by storm.

Sean Rosenthal was the second oldest of 7. Didn't know his father. His mom was a drug addict. He quit school by 14 to work for the family. And made his professional debut into beach volleyball at 16.

In an odd twist in the sport, the rebel and the stable playes were paired together.

And together, they have swept the sport.

When the play, they are either hot. Or cold.

I can't wait to see which they are in The Games.

Love Note to my Big Shooter: Sweetie, I am truly sorry for making so much fun of you when it comes to your Girl growin'-up. I get it now. Can't promise I'll never do it again. But, I get it.

5 comments:

Queen B said...

Just stick your fingers in your ears and sing loudly.

Thanks for the Olympic info. We love the Olympics, but for some crazy reason haven't done the background research necessary this time. I'm pretty much going to bum it off of you.

ShEiLa said...

It is so hard to watch your kids grow up... the puberty thing hits hard to some of us Mom's who just want our kids to stay little forever. I sympathize.

also...
thanks for the story of two Olympians... I guess that is what the Olympics is all about... regular people making it through life and striving to be the best while challenging themselves. I have said this before. Thanks for sharing your Olympic flame... because I have a spark of excitement.

ToOdLeS,ShEiLA

WomanHonorThyself said...

Thanks so much for your comments at WHT!..so glad ya found me!:)..lots of into here too!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh - I don't want them to grow up so soon!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Judah is never growing up. I won't allow it. And that is final.

Daniel has to attend a class in Texas for 2 weeks. We're going to have very little Olympic watching time together. I was so upset because he's my Olympic watching buddy! Oh, and he translates for me because I, at times, get very confused as to what the heck they are talking about!!

I am SO impressed by beach volleyball. My legs groan in pretest at the very thought :)

-Andrea