July 25, 2008

I hate arrogance. Hate it.

Been having to spend a whole lot of time with a very arrogant "former professor" turned homeschool mom the past few days.
I try to remind myself when someone is judgemental, arrogant, bossy or condesending there's a reason behind their behavior. I try to remind myself they may be feeling insecure, manipulated or judged themselves. I try to have patience, forgiveness and thick skin.
But after the third day? Counting to ten, smiling through gritted teeth, biting my tongue and going to my happy place is not working...

my happy place is starting to look more and more like a cat fight.

T.G.I.F.

Love Note to my Big Shooter: 21 years and a I learned something NEW. Wow. I have not laughed that hard or long in a very long time. My tummy hurts today from laughing and my eyes are still burning from the mascara getting in them.

5 comments:

FerLee said...

I completely understand.

Do you know what's worse? When you leave someplace, look back and then realize you did that very same thing...act arrogant and superior to others. You want to crawl under a rock. It's very humbling. I've done that...too many times. Once I realize it I have to repent and ask God to help me be humble and see my pride before I hurt someone.

ShEiLa said...

I agree with you on this one. Arrogance is bad... and self righteousness is worse or the 'I'm better than you syndrome'.
ToOdLeS,ShEiLA
ps. breathe in & out. that is what My mom would say... along with... don't kill anyone that is illegal you know? duh. I would LOL everytime.

Flea said...

Oh GIRL. You speak my language. Not much worse than that. Not much feels better than just being open and honest, either.

Anonymous said...

Let's talk about arrogance.

No, let's instead talk about the extraordinary self-restraint I possess by NOT ATTENDING Vainglory's seminars at the homeschool expo this weekend.

I SO WANTED to sit in on the "How to control your children" - I mean, "How to have a healthy relationship with your child so you can "let the teaching begin".

I just wanted to ruffle her feathers a bit.

But my motivation was wrong. My heart is black, but I couldn't bring myself to be ugly.

Anonymous said...

All that to say - I'm proud of you for enduring with grace under pressure.

That's a TALL order.