February 10, 2009

Double Whammy

Yesterday I shared my father and his wife's very sad news...
Today, it is our own family's sad news.
And by family I mean all my neighbors.

Our sweet, sweet girl Eula Mae has been moved to a nursing facility.

Her best friend, Girl Child, is having a very hard time. She is missing her visits. She is missing their special secrets. She is missing their "plain ole everydayness".
She is missing her friend.
Maaan...I hate these kinds of Life Lessons.
I wanna play hooky from being the teacher during these times...

Please pray for our friend. As of now, she does not yet know she has spent her last nights in the home she has lived in for the past 60+ years... I believe when she realizes it, she will head down hill like a loose ball. Unable to be caught.
Getting older bites.

Love Note to my Big Shooter: Sorry for all the doom and gloom. Even though aging does not thrill me in the slightest, I sure am glad it is you who will be with me in the end. All wrinkly with glistening eyes. I love that twinkle by the way. Just thought I'd mention that now before Alzheimer's sets in and I forget...

Fact of the Day: What is an apiarist? And what is a glossa?



A beekeeper and another name for an insect's tongue.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I will be thinking of her!

Jill of All Trades said...

So been there. All will be on my mind today.

Rudy said...

So sorry to hear Eula Mae is having to leave :( I agree with you, bet she goes down hill fast. Hopefully girl child will be able to make lots of visits to the nursing home. And when she does, I'm sure she'll brighten everyone's day at the place.

Anonymous said...

So sad. I'm sorry you're having a rough week with all the gloom.

-FringeGirl

Gordostyle said...

My sadness kicks in for Eula Mae and girl child. Sending hugs and prayers!
Jen

ShEiLa said...

This is a hard one.

'Hang in there'! small girlfriend. You will be a bright spot in each others lives... forever.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa