February 11, 2009

Crumb Snatcher #1 Speak

* The other night I lost my wallet in a public place. When I realized it. I stayed calm (tongue firmly planted in cheek.) We returned to the aforementioned place and Boy Child ran in to see if it was there while I searched the car... again. He came running out with it waving high over his head. When he jumped in the car I yelled, "Woo Hoo! Thank God!" Boy Child looked at me with shock and indignantly asked, "What am I?! ...chopped cheese??"

* Very late last night during my drive back from a big JBF planning day, Boy Child called. He was whispering. I realized several things at once. He was scared. He was the only one awake in the house. And I could not offer him any real comfort 100 miles away. I knew I'd never convince him to walk through the dark house clear to the back of the house and snuggle up to Daddy-O. So I suggested the next best thing - his big, bad, baby sister. Whom, by the way, had not been feeling well for most of the day. "Sweetie, how about if you slip in and sleep next to Girl Child until I get home?" "I can't Mommy. Her white cells will be fighting." Confused I clarified, "Did you say white cells?" "Yes. She's sick. Her cells'll be fighting her sickness all night long."
Well of course, silly Mommy. How'd I let that little fact slip my mind???

Love Note to my Big Shooter: Thank you for playing Good Cop/Bad Cop with me for the Crumbs much needed benefit Darlin'. I so hope and pray they don't need too much therapy when they are adults...if they make it that long. And totally changing the subject, I vote we purchase a Cop Costume for personal practice. Are you game?

Fact of the Day: Let there be light! Today 162 years ago Thomas Edison was born. He held more than 1,000 patents for all his inventions. There are 25+ smaller words that can be made with this one: INVENTOR. How many can you come up with?

4 comments:

Goob said...

how're you guys weathering the storms?-loved the chopped cheese comment.

Gordostyle said...

Boy child is as funny as you are! Love it!

Are you guys still rooted to the ground after the tornados last night? Please say YES!

Thinking and praying for your state and everyone that was affected by Mother Nature today!
Jen

ShEiLa said...

oh.
don't you love it.
young enough to admit fear.
old enough to demonstrate thoughtfulness for another...
these are the best days my friend.

once my son Ted thought his big sister had left her lunch ticket on the table... so in a rainstorm he ran all the way to the bus stop.
he fell and received a huge gash in his side... (she had a lunch ticket the one on the table was an extra)

the sibling bond is a tight one.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Anonymous said...

Can't believe it, but I made 26 words...I'll list them for you if you're not a believer!