December 16, 2008

Christmas Tag

I so love my friend Flea. Have I ever told you how I met her in for real life? I was at Sashi's doin' some JBF gig when Flea's family came to get some natural fertilizer (the real good stuff from the pasture) and I recognized her name from the comments section of the The Pioneer Woman. I asked her if she was a blogger and...the rest is history as they say. Anywhoo, she tagged me last week for a holiday meme and today is a perfect day just for that!

So just when you thought you knew all there was to know about me - I subject you to some more titillating facts. I know you are chomping at the bit. So with out further ado...



The Holiday Version Meme

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

See, here's where we run into our first problem. I am a hot choc kinda gal in any kind of weather. But egg nog y'all? If it is just the right kind...well, then bar the door Sally Jean cause I am bustin' it down to get me some of that yummy stuff. So I don't know what to say.

Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree?

Mrs Claus's a wrapper. A fat white wrapper. Prolong the agony, I say. I plan, prepare and organize every year to wrap as I go. Never happens. I end up wrapping in one room while Santa wraps in another after midnight on Dec. 23 every stinkin' year cause my middle names are "Procrastinator" and "I think it will only take a few minutes to finish like 30 gifts..."

Colored lights on tree or white?

Not long ago, it was white only. Now, with the Crumbs and their utter delight with a Charlie Brown tree...colored is just fine-o-ree

When do you put your decorations up?

Here we go again with the "used to" again. I used to want the decos up Thanksgiving day or Black Friday. Now, we are lucky to have a tree. (We just decorated it yesterday.)

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

Any thing Granny Grunt cooked. Any thing.

Favorite Holiday memory as a child:

I have two: Going to sleep (or should I say, trying to go to sleep) at Granny Grunts with all my cousins on Christmas Eve night. The anticipation of waking up to see if I had indeed been good enough to get a gift from the big man was over the top! And, watching Grandpa Bozo shake, squeeze, rattle and violate each and every gift before opening it. He would guess correctly 75% of the time before he opened it. Drove us all nuts! We'd try to fool him every year.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

What truth? What are you talking about?

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

Nope, not one. All of them.

I think this must have started from the fact I would rotate Christmas Eve with my mom and dad each year. So I'd celebrate it with whomever I was with, then go to the other's house on Christmas. Or it could have been the fact that both of my parents are the world's worst when it comes time to show a little restraint with the present opening... To this day, they both pretend it's no big deal. Trust me. It is. They love present opening time. Which, of course, makes everyone around them love present opening time!

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

I don't. Big Shooter is the Christmas decorator. He should have an entry in the Tree Festival each year. It may help him, focus his passion, give him a healthy outlet for his over abundant creativity. (Oh, that made me chuckle and gag at the same time!) Although, the last two years we've let the Crumbs have their Charlie Brown tree since he hasn't felt up to the whole Christmas Extravaganza and he's been real cool with the whole gig. I secretly hope he'll feel more into it next year. I kinda miss all the holiday cheer our house usually oozes with.

Snow... Love it or Dread it?

Lllllllloooove it! Missssss it! Would love some more of it!!

We have the best sledding hill in Plainsville a few blocks away. The Crumbs have been scouting out new sleds for the last couple weeks like no one's business.

Can you ice skate?

That would be a big fat negatory on that one.

Do you remember your favorite gift?

Yep...it's this Christmas's miracle. My Big Shooter is here. It will forever and ever be my most precious answered prayer.

What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Family

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

Braum's egg nog. If that's not counted as a real dessert than I'd have to say the sweet chex mix my mom makes with the coconut, butter, almonds, butter, chex and butter...Mmmmmmm.

What is your favorite tradition?

Don't tell Big Shooter...but, I don't really mind the whole stupid "Mall Walking Day" on Black Friday as much as I'd like him to think I do...

Which do you prefer, Giving or Receiving?

Oh, I so wish I had a kazillion $$$$ to spend. I fantasize all the time about how I'd give gifts away. Do any of you play the If I was a Kazillionaire Game?

What is your favorite Christmas Song?

All of them!

Although, I will have to say the one about chestnuts roasting on an open fire has a special place b/c Big Shooter sings that one year round in the shower...

Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?

I played a game with myself when I was a kid. I always tried to see how small and sharp I could make the candy cane before it broke off. The smell of candy canes could transport me to Christmas time immediately. Now. I am not a huge candy cane fan. I don't know what changed.

Ever recycled a Christmas present?

Lalalala! Wh...what? I didn't hear you!



Don't Be A Scrooge! Tag 7 friends to Deck the Halls...

Okie Dokie! I tag Sheila @ Somebody Loved cause she has a Fabulous Spirit all year round, Soliloquy @ She Just Had to Say It cause she needs a break from rusty cookie sheets, Marcy from The Glamorous Life because she is the only one I know who can get a hangover at a cookie exchange, June from June Cleaver after a Six Pack cause her hubby is serving our country and she really needs to get laid, I mean catch a break and she is stinkin' hilarious, Rachel @ Huse Blog is it Anyway? cause she also just needs a no brainer break (although not in the same way June does...), Mama Belle @ The Bayou Belles and Their Beau because Mama had a BIG weekend last week, The lady who wants my twerpy kids and I to visit her @ Clan of the Cave Mice.

Love Note to my Big Shooter: Thank you for making the Crumbs think their Charlie Brown tree was the most beautiful tree in the world. If you only knew the agony I, I meant we, went through this afternoon to make it "just perfect for Daddy" you'd know how willing I'd be to kiss your feet since you said all the perfect compliments when you walked in and saw the monstrosity. You rock Daddy-O.

2 comments:

Flea said...

Thanks for playing! My youngest is in the ditch next door with his sled. Poor Florida child. And last night at Reasor's we found a giNORmousu candy cane just inside the door! Go check it out!

Unknown said...

First of all, what are you doin' up at 2:29 AM?

Anyway, fun tag. I'll get to it by this weekend for sure. Thanks for thinkin' of little ol' me.