November 13, 2008

Apparently I forgot to tell you I'd be gone.

I almost wish I had some exciting, dramatic or tragic news to share so I wouldn't feel so weird answering all the thoughtful, sweet inquiries about my lack of posting/well-being.
But nay, it's nothing even remotely in any of those categories. I was at a national conference with my other spouse - Saucy Sashi.
We were asked to speak on our grass roots efforts concerning marketing, which translates to "We are cheap."
We were also up against some major stiff competition for franchise of the year.
As it turned out, our speech went fabulous and was oh so timely with everyone's need to cut back spending aaand we didn't win Franchise of the Year.
We did however, win Best Marketing. That was cool. (I'd post a gratuitous pix of the pretty little crystal award if I had my camera. Tomorrow then...)
But the whole weird thing about it was it was held here, in Plainsville.
Sashi and I pawned our spawn off and stayed at the Doubletree with 70+ other JBF owners (from around the country). We are cheap y'all. Paying for a hotel room in our own city was way more than Weird. It was also Entertaining. Educational. Inspiring. And worth every penny.
'Remember this Hunk O'Munk?

He paid me a semi-surprise visit on one of the evenings we were out and about.
Oh yeah, he did. While we were eating delicious, chocolate dessert at the Melting Pot, delicious hot Black Leather Pants came a visitin'. Just to plant one on me Baby! (said in most gravely, sexy voice you can muster)
Rrrrrr. It was a delicious, hot, melting dessert all right...
After he stood me back up and dislodged his tongue, a good time was had by all. There were many there who know him personally, so when the shock factor wore off and they realized it was Mr. Conservative himself under the make up, hair and pleather...welll, let's just say they wanted to stroke his tatoos, rub the leather and have their picture made with him. He secretly ATE IT UP! (I am hoping to provide gratuitous pix of that outing too.)
Before you ask it or say it -Yeah, he really did. I think turning 40 and conquering kidney cancer does something to you. If he wanted to dress up like Pee Wee Herman and run down the street with sparklers I'd be right there cheering him on. Cause honestly, I am just thrilled he is still here with me.
So a Rock Star it is.
And between you and me Girlies, I know you all have your secret little fantasies. Whether he be
Mr. Police Officer.
Mr. Mailman.
Mr. Caveman.
Mr. Stripper.
Fabio or a Rock Star.
Mine just happens to have been Bad Boy Rocker. And now he lives with me.
And what a fantasy he has turned out to be.

Love Note to my Big Shooter: Darlin' I, for one, am lovin' this whole Rock Star phase. I hope it lasts until you're like 90. It's fuuuun being your groupy...

11 comments:

suzspeaks said...

I was wondering where you were!!! Glad you had a great time...and what a dessert!!!

Oh yeah, congrats on best marketing!! Now, if your signs would just remain in place!

Gordostyle said...

You two are too cute! Loooove it!

Rock on dudes!
Jen

Jenni said...

OH how hilarious and adorable!!! I don't think my Mr. Conservative would ever do that...but he may surprise me yet!

faroutmom said...

I can't believe he showed up in a restaurant dressed like that! It is so funny! Wish I could have seen it with my own eyes.

Kristina P. said...

That is too funny!

And congrats on the marketing award!

Unknown said...

h aha ha ha! Mr. Rockstar ROCKS. You guys are a blast.

Rudy said...

Glad you are okay, that you were just out enjoying yourself! Congrats on your first award, that is great. Oh my goodness, I can't believe BS!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award!!

Goob said...

ummmm, was that caveman comment directed at me? LOL

Queen B said...

Don't you know you must keep us informed of all your events? We were freaked. But congrats on the award.

And...I am envious of the rocker phase. I'm just sayin'.

FerLee said...

That's too funny...