September 1, 2008

Payback is Poetic

What happens when you make fun of your business partner when she gets hurt? You know like call her a Crip and just poke fun of her in general?
You get hurt yourself.
What happens when you make fun of synchronized swimmers? Sarcastically call it a dangerous, life-threatening sport?
You get hurt yourself...in a non-dangerous sport.
Say, like bowling for instance.
Have you ever heard of anyone getting hurt (like she might need to visit the Minor Emergency kinda hurt) caused from an accident while bowling? Me either.
'Til I attended our Back to School party.
At which I found out someone who over steps the foul line into the really, really waxed area might do the Fat Lady Splits and not be able to walk, sit or stand comfortably for many days.
Hmmm.
Please remind me to never do that.
It sounds very painful. Poor Lady.
Love Note to my Big Shooter: Thank you for taking such fabulous care of me this whole live long weekend...as if this tragic event had actually happened to me. You're a life saver.

8 comments:

ShEiLa said...

This is something that would so totally happen to me. I am an accident waiting to happen. So glad it wasn't you... Ü
ToOdLeS,ShEiLA

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... Sooo, being on Dancing with the Stars is not part of your future plan? ;)

Or is it and you were just practicing?

Not that any of this actually happened to you, of course.

I do feel very badly for the poor lady who did the splits. Very bad, indeed.

-Andrea

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord Gustav (that's my bros. middle name...) wasn't too big of a deal. Days are counting to JBF and I am in tagging-overload mode. Soul Sis

Flea said...

You poor baby! Kudos to BS!

FerLee said...

Did you get video of this poor unfortunate soul? It would have made good fodder for AFV (America's Funniest Videos). I feel for this poor person...it's such a painful thing. Hoss did that and fell flat on his back with a ball in his hand. Not fun!!

Anonymous said...

Because I know misery loves company, here's some good cheer for your "friend." I am what you call an "indoor girl;" about the furthest thing from athletic. We went bowling a few years ago (see what I mean) and I picked the lightest ball I could find (its sad I know). I accidentally crossed that same line, slipped while reaching back and the ball flew off my hand into the score monitor and I too hit the deck in a very ego injuring pose. I'm smooth like that. Don't be jealous, it takes TALENT to pull this off. LOL. Feel Better & Blessings! ~Whitney

Rudy said...

Let me know if this poor woman needs any help, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand :)

WomanHonorThyself said...

what goes around........heh feel better girl!