September 12, 2008

Metlting Pot or Dumping Grounds?

PICTURES OF OUR BEAUTIFUL SONORAN DESERT IN AZ.
HERE IS A REAL EYE OPENER FOR YOU.
ANOTHER MONSTER LAYUP/REST AREA DISCOVERED BY MCDC AZ SEARCH & RESCUE

We breathed a sigh of relief the day the Senate defeated the Amnesty Bill, but the USA is still being invaded! We discovered one of the biggest layups we have ever found. This layup is on an 'illegal super - highway' from Mexico to the USA (Tucson) used by human smugglers. This layup area is located in a wash area approximately 5 of a mile long just south of Tucson.

We estimate there are over 3000 discarded back packs in this layup area. Countless water containers, food wrappers, clothing, and soiled baby diapers. And as you can see in this picture, fresh footprints leading right into it. We weren't too far behind them. As I kept walking down the wash, I was sure it was going to end just ahead, but I kept walking and walking, and around every corner was more and more trash!

And of course the trail leading out of the layup area heading NORTH to Tucson, then on to your town tomorrow. They've already come through here. Is this America the Beautiful?
Or another landfill? The trash left behind by the illegals is another of the Environmental Disasters to hit the USA. Had this been done in one of our great Northwest Forests or Seashore National Parks areas there would be an uprising of the American people........but this is remote Arizona-Mexican border.
You won't see these pictures on CNN, ABC, NBC or the Arizona Repugnant. Nor will they mention the disease that comes from the human waste left in the desert. They do talk about light bulbs a lot though...

8 comments:

Heather said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I'm at a loss for words. Why, oh why, are we NOT doing something about this? How horrible!!
Thanks for sharing these pictures, I think. No, really, ignorance is NOT bliss, but I believe some of our elected officials are sticking their collective heads in the sand.
They HAVE to know about this, and they aren't doing squat, no pun intended, about it.
I'll have to share this with my BIL who lives in that area. I'm sure he'll be JUST as OUTRAGED as I.

Anonymous said...

WTH?? Is this for REAL?

Arbra Dale Triplett said...

My sister-in-law was good to her word and forwarded this on to me. I must say it presents a bevy of mixed emotions.

As a former boy scout, I see an opportunity to organize a major community-aided clean-up that would garner me the mother of all merit badges.

As an American taxpayer I see a lack of efficiency on the border patrol's part to root out such a locale, clean it up and prevent it from happening in the future.

As an advocate for maintaining pristine environments I see the opportunity for a bunch of tye-dyed and stoned teenagers to gather, wring their hands, protest the war, blame Bush, host an outrage concert and then head back east leaving the place worse off than it is now.

As a Christian I see a pile of sadness that extends beyond mere rubbish and offal. It's a pile of human detritus not uncommon wherever a mass exodus has occurred. These same piles litter the borders of nations throughout Africa and eastern Europe. What did the modern slave-running coyote threaten to do to those unwilling to part with what limited possessions they already had?

As an average American I guess I also see the opportunity to do what so many have done before us; gripe about it a little, then choose to look the other way, ignore it and simply hope it eventually goes away. As my brother loves to jokingly say, "Can't see it from my house, anyway."

Anonymous said...

WHOA. You should send this story into the news. Maybe they won't run it ...but they also Just Might. It boggles my mind. I'm sorry its in your backyard. It feels like all of ours. Blessings, Whitney

Rudy said...

I have seen this via email. It's disgusting. We need to build us a China Wall!

ShEiLa said...

This is a 'darn shame' as my dad would say. Someone isn't doing their job??? Ridiculously Absurd! It certainly does not make any sense at all.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLA

Karla Porter Archer said...

this is horrible! just horrible!

you are right - would never see this in the news.

xo~K
(ps - I've missed you, lady! ;0)

6 Happy Hearts said...

This just breaks my heart!?
Ugh?!?! Where do we begin? Where do we stop? How does REAL change take place?