August 26, 2008

Brain Dead Momma

I have a serious case of Olympic Withdrawals...
I kept reminding myself all the live long day that "Yes. You must get on with real life now." I am/was addicted. I used them as an excuse to sleep in since I was up so late, blog until the wee hours, spend countless time "researching" little stories...
I, and the Crumb Snatchers, are feelin' the pain today. Both physically and mentally.

Now I am back in OASDA (Olympic Addicts and Sleep Deprivation Anonymous) and re-starting my 12 steps to Recovery. However, I am a tad on the Brain Dead side of life.

Therefore, when I received one of those silly "Get to know your girlfriends questionnaire" from my long lost Teacher Friend I was amused by how amused I was by it. In plain English: I am so dadgum Brain Dead I found a questionnaire fun. THAT my friends, is a sure sign of BDM. Brain Dead Momma.

And to further bore you, I am going to post it with my answers.

1. What is your occupation right now? Teacher, Small business owner, Nurse, Cook, Laundress, House Keeper and Sex Slave. (Okay, so I had you until the last one. Now you're not sure which are true and which are not.)
2. What color are your socks right now? Barefoot, but my toes are Slut Red. Does that count?
3. What are you listening to right now? Blissful silence. All four creatures (Crumbs, Big Shooter and Brain Dead Pug) are gonzers. Nigh-Night.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Mexican Scramble (eggs, ham, cheese, cilantro, and salsa)
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes. Drove tractors, grain & potato trucks and my very first car.
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Saucy Sashi ~ I'm taking a JBF trip without her. She conveniently let her kids start school today and is making me go do an interview... on the air... by myself. Pray for Springfield please! Okay, so she hurt her back. Bad. Like, in a wheelchair BAD. Don't tell her I told you. Please. She's weird about stuff like that. AND, my Soul Sister (who just happens to have a degree in MEDIA is going with me. More like, I am going with her. Thank you God for best pals that always have the perfect quote and the best media personality on the planet. How cool is it that she's my Soul Sis?
7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes. And I miss seeing her. I've never personally met her last two kids. That's sad.
8. How old are you today? 39 years, 7 months, and 8 days (all I know is it's closer to 40 than 39 now...eww.)
10. What is your favorite drink? Ice cold 2% milk, then lemonade, then coolers, then Diet Vanilla Dr. Pepper from QT. I think in that order.
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Every time someone reminds me by asking, "So is your hair, blond..ish...brown...ish...or are your roots really black...?"
12. Favorite food? Mexican
13. What is the last movie you watched? The Dark Knight - Holy Moley. Go. Right now. Go.
14. Favorite day of the year? Any day I don't have to cook or clean.
15. How do you vent anger? With the kids present - turning purple til my head pops off. Without the kids present - ranting...a lot...loud...ly...and sometimes, a teeny-tiny little cursing may slip in there. I may or may not make up foul words for Big Shooter's amusement.
16. What was your favorite toy as a child? My bike and I know he's not a toy, but my Grandpa.
17. What is your favorite season? Fall. No, Summer. Hmmm, maybe even Spring here in Oklahoma. Those three. Unless, I were still in Idaho. Then it'd be Winter.
18. Cherries or Blueberries? MMMMMMmmmm. Both.
19 - 21 Deleted...
22. Living arrangements? Currently married.

23. When was the last time you cried? Just now thinking about last night when The Flame went out...
24. What’s on the floor of your closet? Shoes, half packed suitcase from the last time I threatened to leave Big Shooter, my Weatherby (no, I forgot, my dad borrowed it), and Big Shooter's important belongings/crap.
25. Who is the friend you have had the longest? My dear, dear friend Sheila. Who, graduated from Stanford in three years, finished med school in like the top 2%, saves women and baby whales and has 3 kids. We have so much in common.
26. What did you do last night? Cried. Blogged. Cried. Blogged.
27. What inspires you? The Love of My Life. He is the strongest person I know. He is the most loving person I know. He is my life. (In case of emergency, reach for the air sick bag in seat back in front of you...)
28. What are you most afraid of? Losing a family member.
29. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? The more spicy the better to breath on you my Dear!
30. Favorite dog breed? New Foundlands, Great Pyrenees, Pugs, Chihuahuas (not in that order)

31. Favorite day of the week? Late Friday afternoon.
32. How many states have you lived in? Idaho, Nevada, Illinois, Oklahoma, Utah, Wyoming. Did I miss any mom?
33. What do you wish for most at this point in your life? Other than this to end, I most wish and pray for is good health for my Big Shooter.

Alrighty then, I am sure you are on the edge of your seat waiting to see what other mundane things I can tell you. But, people I am pooped.
Girl Child and I have an early morning. The get up Before the Butt-Crack of Dawn kind ahead of us.
So goodnight.
Tomorrow I am hoping to Big Shooter will agree/fall victim to my pleading, begging, cajoling and guest blog. Won't that be a ring-dinger?

Love Note to my Big Shooter: Darlin' they will love you. Love you. I am sure with a little encouragement from them and me, you'll see the light. Come on over to this side of the keyboard Big Guy. It's fair weather over here. You'll enjoy it, I promise. (heh. heh.)

6 comments:

Fawn said...

If you get a husband to blog--I'll be convinved HE is the sex slave.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Ha Ha HA!!! To Fawn... that was hilarious!

Seriously, you could read the phone book and it would be funny. This meme or whatever it is was so entertaining! I don't think you KNOW how to be boring....

Say hi to dawn's butt crack fo rme... Oh wait. I'll be be awake to say so myself. Yippee!

-Andrea

Anonymous said...

BIG SHOOTER! BIG SHOOTER! BIG SHOOTER!

She's pulling out the big guns!!

Bring it!

FerLee said...

BS...I can't wait to hear what you have to say.

Flea said...

You are just not makin' sense. Or maybe it's me. And the Dark Knight? Even better the second time.

WomanHonorThyself said...

woohoo quite the post girly..I'm tired from jus readin it..ha