March 28, 2008

Two things learned yesterday...

1. That not just Duck Tape and baling twine are handy guy tools to have around.
You can add this to the list.


Apparently, it is great in a pinch. Say a, no thread to sew up my husband's abdomen, kinda pinch! I want to know who thought, "You know instead of sewing them up tight...I think I'll just dribble the earth's most chemically induced sticky substance on this open wound and see if it will hold it together?" Who? I really do want to know... Did you read the picture? Freshness?! What does non-fresh super glue look like? Smell like? And a Whip Tip? Please don't even get me started!

2. The Crumb Snatchers and I don't have any significance to the Big Shooter compared to this...


the magnetic, irresistible, mind-consuming - Crack (oops, I meant Black) Berry.

Seconds after waking up from surgery today BS rasply whispered, "Where's...my phone...?" Not a shred of relief to waking up and finding his loving wife gazing at him, welcoming him back to planet earth. The same earth, may I just say, he recently thought he may be exiting in his understandably freaked out freak moments...I guess I could look at it as the memory space is only half full not empty? Or at least now I know where we unequivocally stand...

after, the Crack Berry.

That's okay Big Boy...I'm your Nurse for the next several days...

you know what they say about a woman scorned?

Love Note to my Big Shooter: You are so impressive. You didn't cry, wince, panic, slug anyone, call any one's momma a bad name, or pass out when they missed your vein...again...and again. At least, that's how it seemed to me...from my view on the floor.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Well..of all the GALL?" No worries, BS won't have any now! Black Berry....Brian was not disrespecting you. He wanted the phone to order PIZZA with Polish sausage/Okie BarbeQue plus one HUGE diet coke on the side..hasn't had real food for months.
Hang in there!
Lovies
Dad

Anonymous said...

Followed your directions and they work. I hear that glue works on repairing cups too.

Love ya
Tomato

Flea said...

Mmmm. Polish sausage.

Yeah, they're using Super Glue to close wounds. Not just for repairing cracked finer nails anymore! Also good for polishing Crack Berry screens!

FerLee said...

"Polishing Crack Berry Screens" LOL, I love that.

Don't give me any ideas...

Mine is not a Crack Berry but a Trio...grrrr!!!!

So glad surgery went so smoothly. Keep up the morbid and insane humor. We love it!!!

Soul Sister said...

I just love you guys and I look forward to reading your post everyday. BS you need to rest up now because we have alot of work to do next week and I need your humor there to get through.

Prayin for you,
Heather
I must say I am proud of myself for getting to this comment page-this is really pushing my technical abilities...or extreme lack there of......

Unknown said...

Hahahaha @ Dad!!!! No Gall!!!!!

Dave's uncle is having surgery to repair a crack in his spine (due to too many steroids--the legal kind) and they are going to repair it by putting super glue in the crack. Better that crack than the other one, I guess.

I'm glad that everything went well with surgery.

Hey Bri--nice glasses.

Flea said...

Hey, are you familiar with the boomer babes? I think you'll really like the crew over there, especially Connie and Suzie.
http://boomerbabesrock.com/blog/

It's a group of Christian authors, friends. Suzie lives about an hour from here. I squishy heart them. :)

Flea said...

Oh, and try not to make BS laugh, or he'll bust a gut. Ha ha.

Queen B said...

Glad the surgery went well!!

I totally know all about the Crackberry. My husband gets the shakes during church.

faroutmom said...

Ha Ha...David's post is me...I didn't realize he had logged on and that was a couple of days ago...

We have been very busy here so I didn't realize I had done that.

Andrea