January 14, 2009

I guess, because you can't know enough about Straight Shooter...

So I snagged this from my fellow Okie Blogger Jenni at One Thing. Why? Because I can use it to learn more about you Dear Reader! And because I am out of town and forgot my camera cable to upload some pix so as to help break up the constant stream of words, words, words!
Seriously, I would love if you'd share 5 or more about yourself when you get to the bottom.
If you think it looks fun (or effortless) feel free to copy it to yours and invite me over. I love to get to know you better!!

Just boldface the items that you HAVE done, and leave the rest normal….

1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii (does a layover count?)
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity (his name is Big Shooter...and it 's not $$$ I'm talkin' about)
7. Been to Disneyland/world

8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning (from my own cookin' none the less)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (did it to fly to Idaho...felt so bad when I came back I told my principal...she slapped my wrist and told me next time to use a personal day...I didn't know we had them)
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29 Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33 Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community (click here to read about being called Chubby by the Amish)

36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41 Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45 Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie (do home movies count?)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60 Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason
64 Donated blood, platelets, or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66 Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67 Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79 Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book (are they trying to make me cry?)
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
89. Saved someone’s life (not to my knowledge)
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating

88. Had chickenpox
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
Now your job is to list 5 or more numbers in your comment so I can learn more about you Dearest Bloggy Friend!
Love Note to my Big Shooter: I think I know which to highlight for you...but, you never know, after 16 or 17 years of marriage (which ever it is...) maybe you'll still surprise me!

4 comments:

FIL said...

SweetDIL,
You might want to mark #75 !!
I fired you as my cook once.
( REMEMBER )

Love ya
FIL

Flea said...

Oh man! I only went up as high in the Statue of Liberty as the elevator would take me. The friend I was with has cerebral palsy and uses a walker and couldn't take the stairs.

Been stung by more bees than I can count. And wasps.

Just got a cell phone two years ago.

Slept under stars.

Can't remember any others.

ShEiLa said...

I had your post in my sights first thing this morning... got distracted... had to go take care of some business. I forgot to finish. Shame on me.
Well here goes,
Our things in common:

I have watched a sunrise and sunset. Actually many of them. There was a time when I could'nt recall the last time I had taken the time... that is when you are too darned busy and self-evaluation is needed as far as priorities go.

Yes. I have sung karoke in a restaurant in front of many families during bring your family night. Children allowed.

I have visited the White House too. Right before Pres. Carter left and Pres. Reagan took office.
I went my senior year of High School and actually sat in on some hearings in congress and got to see what lobbying was firsthand.

Stung by a bee? Yep! several times. The last time the reaction was not good. I was told I needed to carry an epi-pen. I did for years and never got stung. So I hope that doesn't happen again. It could kill me without medical attention.

Lost a Loved One. Too Many! The hardest one was my Mother 5 years ago.

I have lots more in common with you but I won't list them all here. I plan a similar post in the next few days.

It was fun getting to know you better... you should pick a few to elaborate on. If time permits.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

FerLee said...

1. I have climbed a mountain...the Sandia Crest. We didn't climb from bottom to top, but from peak to crest...don't know how you can go from peak to crest, but that's what they called it. It's in Albuquerque, NM.

2. I have pieced at least 4 quilts. Each of my children have a log cabin quilt I've made and we have one for our bed as well.

3. I have watched a meteor shower. When I was living at home a friend of ours told us about a meteor shower that was coming in the middle of the night. He spent the night and we got up in the wee hours of the morning and watched it while laying on a big trampoline. It was cool!!!

4. I have kind of gone skinny dipping...that's all you need to know!!!!!

5. I have been fired from a job...as a teen, I was fired from the floral shop in our small town. I was not keeping up with what the owner expected of me...oh, well.