February 22, 2008

Freak out Friday...

Post Note at bottom...
Big Dogs =



...Big Dog Drool.

ooooo...oooOO.....ooooOOOO!!


Post Script: Since I've been emailed and asked a kajillion times today "How can you handle that?!" I figured I'd let you in on a simple little secret...I am a momma. What I mean by that is I know what all my kids are doing all the time. Therefore, when my sweet, new addition is getting a drink I am casually and calmly glancing around to make sure a Slobber Towel is within arms length. Cause I know he is going to come to whoever is nearest for a little ear rubbing and pat, pat, love, love when he is done. It's not brain surgery (and this I know about, by the way) - If ya hear the big lug slurpin' up a Big Gulp...get-a-towel-handy. Some people in my house don't have the Momma Gene. They end up with slime hanging from parts it shouldn't be hanging from. Others in my household squeal like little girls and jump up on chairs. #2 and I just shake our heads with sympathy. No Momma Genes, it's quite simple.

6 comments:

FerLee said...

Geez. I had just put a bite of cereal in my mouth. YUCK!!!!

Flea said...

EW!!! My MIL has had Great Danes for forever. As much as I love love love them, this is why I can't own one. Ew!

Hey, do you mind that I tagged you for a photo meme? Pop over and check it out.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWw.........

Why did I pick today to check out your blog??? lol

:-) Beth

Flea said...

I understand the ew of kid sick. :( I hated it when the one in the top bunk started ralphing and I'd hear it SPLAT from the next room. No fun. Hope everyone is better very soon.

I posted about the cows' trip to the farm a moment ago and your picture is there! And I linked to you. If you want back story about Fred and Bessie, their links, chronologically, are on the side a bit down the page.

Be better all!

Flea said...

Yeah, but doesn't he ever shake his head and send slobber flying when you least expect it?

~ Straight Shooter ~ said...

Not yet, but he will sooner or later...I'll consider that one of those sweet spontaneous blessings of doghood. We never thought we'd miss that trait, but we did. In fact, there was a certain dried glob on our living room ceiling for over a year. Our beautiful girl flung it up there the day before we lost her and neither I nor Big Shooter could bear to wipe it off...awww, dogs...I love 'em.