February 18, 2009

Let's Line the Streets Fellow Tulsans

The arrow has found it's mark again for Tulsa.
We lost another soldier.
Army Cpl. Stephen Scott Thompson was killed Saturday.


The service has not yet been announced.

But as soon as it is, I will be yelling from the rooftops.
Encouraging every free American within driving distance to make the effort to line the streets of his last ride.
Putting aside our views, opinions and animosities to show the Thompsons solidarity.
My hope is to line the final route their son will take with fellow Americans standing shoulder to shoulder waving our country's flag in a show of honor and gratitude.
Will you join my family fellow Okies?

Will you send this young man off with the grace, dignity and honor he deserves from us?

I so desperately hope so.

8 comments:

Rudy said...

I would love to join you with my flag.

tammy said...

I wish I lived in OK~~~I would be there with ya'. As the wife of an National Guardsmen that has been to the 'sandbox', I know the fears his family had for him. I am devastated that they are knowing this pain.

I will be there is spirit.

Tammy

Anonymous said...

That's very nice. Wish I could be there to help honor this young man for his service for our country.

-FringeGirl

ShEiLa said...

He is so young.

Everytime I hear of another fatality in that country... I cringe.

WE should not be there.

Bring our soldiers home... NOW!!!!
I know that's a pipe-dream. I heard yesterday that 17,000 more will be sent to Afganistan. We have been in the region 8 years. Lets get home build our ranks and defend our country from our country.


oK.
enough said.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Huse Yo Mama said...

If I was there, I would be shoulder-to-shoulder with you!! Great idea, girl!

faroutmom said...

you know I would be there if I could.

Shawna said...

I always love to wave flags with you, and if this occasion is more solemn, that makes it all the more important to participate. Keep us posted on the date and time -- I'll be there!

Gordostyle said...

What a GREEEEAAAATTT idea.... wish I lived there -- I'd be there for sure!

Smiles,
Jen