October 1, 2008

Our power is being Cut Off Today.

We came home from visiting the newest little most precious member of Saucy's fam yesterday to a note hanging from our door basically saying, "Sorry we missed you. But since you're here now, here's the good news. Your house is in the middle of all the hub bub going on in the neighborhood. You know, all those giant utility trucks making the streets rumble and all the dogs within miles going nutzoid all the live long day? Well, we want to converge on your backyard...again...to work on the lines that also converge in your backyard... Oh, and by the way, your electrical service will be down from sunup to sundown. Hope that won't be an inconvenience? If it is. Take it up with this reliable 1-800 number. Smile and have a nice day."
So to hurry and get the *&%$ outta Dodge and spend a glorious day on Saucy's farm I am posting a cheater today. A GREAT cheater. But a cheater none the less...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My precious friend Sheila had this great little bloggy quiz on her site a while back.
It couldn't be more perfect for the Shooter fam.
Other than, "Mommy can I go visit Eula Mae?" I hear, "Mommy, which would you rather be...a plain ole human? ...or a dog? (said with the utter most awe you can muster) And if you do, what kind? (said with complete wonder and awe)"
Well Girl Child do I have a quiz for you!
I took it and look what I am!


You are a Labrador Retriever!
Your family is what makes you tick, and you never "flea" from an opportunity to hang out with the whole gang. A family picnic complete with hot dogs, deviled eggs and a refreshing swim in the lake is hard for you to stray from. Your sparky temperament and dogged intelligence mean you are not only a blast to hang out with, but great to work with as well. Your close pals appreciate your patience and forgiveness, knowing you'd rather let sleeping dogs lie than dwell on the mishaps of the past. Your dashing good looks may one day lead to a modelling career, if only you can tame the unfortunate clumsiness that sometimes causes you to go flailing from the catwalk.

Hmmm....really? Sparky, not snarky? Dogged intelligence...no comment. I am great to work with. Did you read that Sashi? Pass that tidbit on to Taco Bandito would you please Darlin'? And my modeling career...I'm still patiently waiting for Lane Bryant's to send the call that gives me the Super Size Model nod. Now, the Unfortunate Clumsiness...I'm all over that one... I've seemingly passed it on to the Crumb Snatchers. As evidenced this past weekend.

I'd love to know what breed you are. Click on the lab and let me know!

Have a great day y'all.

I hope to be back tomorrow.

Apparently, that will be up to the Gods in the little white buckets...

Love Note to my Big Shooter: I am really starting to wonder how you manage to leave town at all the right moments? Seriously? Are you punishing me for somethin'? My dogged intelligence is working over time to figure out if you are. Snicker, snicker.

7 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I hate it when power companies think that we really won't notice the power being out 'ALL FREAKIN DAY'!!! Yeah right! It is always a one day notice too. Glad you have somewhere to escape to & does Big Shooter have a friend at the power company that gave him a heads-up?
You know what's worse? When you have a 21 year old daughter that wakes up to get ready for work & no water... we almost never heard the end of that one. It happened twice in one week too. Scary!
ToOdLeS.ShEiLA

Erin Ward said...

how fun. i'll have to take the dog quiz! i wonder if i'll be a pug... :)

Kristina P. said...

I was a poodle when I took this, a while back. I almost committed suicide.

Kristina P. said...

Patience, my dear. I will be posting tomorrow. Sometimes, a girl needs a break!! But don't you worry, it will be delightful. :)

Rudy said...

a bulldog? haha.....certainly I must not have answered those questions correctly.

Unknown said...

Bummer. I've always said that electricity is my best friend.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

WomanHonorThyself said...

aw shux..get back real soon y'hear!..heh