October 17, 2008

Crumb Snatcher #1 Speak

Boy Child: Mom, have I ever been to a national museum? Like the National Museum of Art...or History... or something like that?

Straight Shooter: Yes. We all went to Washington D.C. a month after 9-11. It was very moving and sentimental for Mommy and Daddy.

Boy Child: Uh, huh.

Straight Shooter: I think it would be fabulous if every American could visit our nation's capitol at least once in their lifetime. It can be life chan...

Boy Child: Yep, I thought so. I just couldn't remember for sure. (Pause for thought.) I do know I've been to the original Wal*Mart Museum though! Now that was moving and sensitive, wasn't it Mommy?

Straight Shooter: Uh, huh.

Love Note to my Big Shooter: I think it is time to take a step back and take a SERIOUS look at what kind of parenting job we are doing...

7 comments:

suzspeaks said...

That's awesome...WalMart museum!!! I wanna go....um...nevermind, I hate that place!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

A Walmart Museum??? That would be Daniel's version of hell...

-Andrea

Goob said...

its surely a clear sign of the apocolypse.

Gordostyle said...

I'm sorry -- I totally agree at our parenting styles! BUT that is FLIPPIN' hilarious! :o)

Smiles,
Jen

Erin Ward said...

haha. what a goof ball!

ShEiLa said...

Sad but true...
We can teach our kids and do a pretty good job parenting and our children are still going to do their own thing. I keep trying to figure out what I did wrong? But I think it is more important to concentrate on what I did right.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLA

Flea said...

Bwahahah! You have two fantastic museums in stone's throw distance and all he can remember is the WalMart museum? Girl, let's meet up at the Gilcrease. I LOVE that museum!!!