June 4, 2009

My newest addiction...

I think I mentioned a long while ago we were working on a garden?

It's growing.

That in itself is a miracle.
The Crumbs are looking forward to eating the vegetables.
That is another miracle.
We are going to have lots of tomatoes. Lots.
So I am exploring things I can make with them.

Big Shooter and I love brushetta. He makes it for me all year round.

So I decided to try a few little variations to make it more interesting. Y'all already may make it like this. Or it may just be too simple for your tastes.

But, lemme just tell ya...
This one knocks my socks off!

Slice and toast these. Dice these. And these.
Add these. And mix. I almost forgot the best part!

Spread this on hot slices.

Scoop the tomato mixture on and ...
Sprinkle this on top.
Viola!!

I can't seem to get enough of it. I've had it for lunch. And with dinner for the past 5 days. When I get to use fresh-from-the-garden tomatoes...Woo Eeee! Look out Rachel Ray! (Big Shooter has a crush on her by the way.)

Just wanted to share. It was love at first bite.

6 comments:

Flea said...

Oh yum! I'm not a tomato fan, but I tolerate bruschetta. That sounds delicious, though! We had tons of bruschetta a couple of summers ago when our garden wouldn't stop producing tomatoes. Thanks for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful!

-FringeGirl

ShEiLa said...

Looks absolutely delish!

I may have to change it up a bit and find out WW points... so I can have some. Mmmmm. I can hardly wait.

ToOdLeS.

ps. I am jealous of your homegrown tomatoes. I didn't plant a garden with 99.9% of America this year.

Rudy said...

I'm envious of your garden! Hope you don't have tomatoes falling from the trees :)

Jenni said...

I'm slavering just looking at that, and it's only 9:41 in the morning!!

Seriously. I'd eat it. Right. now.

Thanks for sharing...I'm totally going to make it.

FerLee said...

You had me at "hummus". I LOVE that stuff!!! Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!!! MMMMMMMMMMMM